Welcome to the official site of GM Akobian
This is the official website of GM Varuzhan Akobian. Here you will find information about his career, achievements, as well as private chess lessons offered by the top rated chess player in California. The site is always updated to provide his latest tournament results. In the ‘Games‘ section, you will be able to see select games that GM Akobian has chosen to share with site visitors. The site will also present upcoming events and tournaments where GM Akobian will be a part of. Thank you for your interest in the site.
- 2015 World Open 6.5/9 Arlington, VA – 2nd Place
- 2014 US Chess League 4/4 St. Louis, MO – Champion
- 2014 Temecula Fall Open 6/6 Temecula, CA – Champion
- 2014 Castle Grand Prix 4/5 Atlanta, GA – Champion
- 2014 US Chess Championship 7/11 St. Louis, MO – 2nd Place
- 2014 UT Dallas Spring FIDE Open 7/9 Dallas, TX – 1st Place
- Southern California Open, Sept. 5th – 7th, San Diego, CA (read more)
- World Cup, Sept. 10th – Oct. 4th (read more) (read more)
- Millionaire Open, Oct. 8-12, Las Vegas, NV (read more)
Private Chess Lessons
GM Akobian provides private chess lessons for those interested in improving their skills. Whether you are a beginner or have been playing chess for years, you will benefit from GM Akobian’s world class experience as a chess professional.
Chess Simuls & Lectures
GM Akobian is available for lectures as well as chess simuls for those interested in taking advantage of Mr. Akobian’s expert presentations. Please use the contact form to request information about the lectures or simuls